10 Things I Want To Experience In New York.

Thursday 10 March 2016


So 2016 has been a cracking year so far (yes I know it is only March) because I was lucky enough to be the winner of "Employee of the Year for Great Britain and Ireland" at H&M!
I can not wait to tell my story on here about the whole experience but that will soon be another blog post. What I did want to mention is the fantastic prize that comes along with the title of "Employee of the Year for Great Britain and Ireland"... A TRIP TO NEW YORK!!??

I have never been to New York or even the USA at that matter. It has been a massive dream of mine to visit there and some day I would love to have a job over there. I have the amazing company I work for to thank for all of this, I still feel shocked when I think about how I was recognised, acknowledged and voted for to have this title.

So now I spend literally every day thinking about my upcoming trip to New York, I have so many things that I want to do but I have narrowed it down to a top ten list!

1) Visit H&M
I love my job. I love the company! This is one of the main things I want to do when I visit New York. I spend most of my days at H&M but I literally cannot wait to visit a H&M in a different market to feel the atmosphere and to see how it works compared to my little store!

2) Central Park
I am literally planning on spending a whole day in Central Park! Literally just to walk and discover, to sit and to think! My inner child is going to be running rings around this place!

3) Rockefeller Centre
I have to take the stereotypical landscape photo at the top of the rock don't I!

4) Victorias Secret
My other passion, other than H&M, is Victorias Secret. I cannot even explain how much Victorias Secret stuff I own so this would be the perfect time to add more things to my ever growing collection. Also the smell of Victorias Secret is probably one of my favourite smells!

5) Visit a coffee shop
I spend a lot of time in Starbucks here in the UK but there is something a little different about a New York coffee shop. When I think of New York, one of the things that comes to mind is coffee shops. Also I think it would be totally Instagram worthy!

6) Times Square
New York is the city of lights, the city that never sleeps. Its the simple things really and I just simply want to sit and experience Times Square in the black of night!

7) 911 Memorial and Museum
Such a massive piece of history that happened in my own lifetime. It would be ignorant not to visit something so meaningful and precious.

8) Have Pancakes, Bacon and Maple Syrup
Oh my gosh! This is a must! How can someone not go to America and not have one of these?! I promise that at least on one of my days there that this will be the signature breakfast! My mouth is literally watering just thinking about it!

9) Brooklyn Bridge
Mainly for the views! I think this would look fantastic at sunset. More photo opportunities!!!

10) Coney Island
FAIR RIDES!! I love seeing photos of Coney Island, it literally looks like the funnest place ever. A day of entertainment is definately needed on this trip and I think Coney Island is definately going to be the place to be.

So these are ten of the things I want to experience in New York as well as China Town, Madison Square Gardens, Broadway, Grand Central Terminal, Bloomingdales, Macy's...the list could go on! Looks like I won't be able to sleep!

Thanks for reading this post and please leave a comment if you have any recommendations, I would love to hear your experiences!!

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs