3 Amazing Lipsticks For Autumn/Winter!

Saturday 7 November 2015


A few weeks ago I went out and did a complete haul on lipsticks. After Testing them all out I have narrowed them down to my all time 3 favourites of this season!
1) Sleek Lipstick True Colour - Colour: Vamp
What drew me to this lipstick was the colour. I have been looking for a red lipstick that had a more browner tone for quite a while. It is also 100% matte! I do enjoy the glossy look but I think the matte effect makes more of a statement. It goes on really smoothly and doesn't feel cloggy on your lips which is a complete thumbs up for me! I also really like that it is really pigmented and it stays for a very long time which means you do not have to keep reapplying!! (£4.99)
Score: 4.5/5

2) Rimmel Kate Matte Lipstick - Colour: Wine 107
When speaking to people about this lipstick everyone knows exactly which one I am speaking about! With it being so popular I had to give it a try. Compared to the Sleek lipstick, this one has more of a purpley red tone. I found that when I applied it, it felt quite glossy which was quite weird for something that was meant to look matte but when looking in the mirror it went by its definition of a "matte lipstick". I soon realised that the glossiness meant that it really helped keep the moisture in my lips whereas some matte lipsticks can really dry out your lips! I am seriously so in love with this lipstick. It is really durable and would literally suit anyone! (£5.49)
Score: 5/5

3) MUA Luxe Velvet Lip Lacquer - Colour: Kooky
I first heard of lip lacquers on YouTube when someone was testing out one from an American brand called ColourPop. I have always wanted to try one out because I have always been fascinated in it not budging from your lips when it is applied. So I came across the MUA Luxe Velvet Lip Lacquer (with the help of a few of my work friends *cough* Megan, Becky, Michaela *cough*) and decided to go for a purple shade instead of my usually red. These are EXTREMELY pigmented! They go on in a solid block colour so it is extremely helpful to apply carefully, if you make a mistake then don't just smudge away, get a cotton bud!!! So it goes on silky and shiny but within a minute or so it dries completely matte. Whether you lick your lips, have a drink or even wipe your mouth, this stuff does not budge! I literally only reapply little bits after eating something heavy and then it carries on staying all day! The only down side would have to be that it can feel a little dry but if you can deal with that then it all fine and dandy! (£3)
Score: 4/5


So these are my all time favourites for Autumn and leading into winter. All three are seriously so cheap, completely affordable and amazingly high quality! I have really enjoyed testing these out, even if that means that I haven't written a blog in a few weeks (I will make sure that I don't leave it so long next time). I hope that you enjoy this post! Thank you for reading it!! <3

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs