Pumpkin Spiced Cupcakes - Halloween Themed!

Tuesday 13 October 2015


I love Halloween! I also love baking!
So I have been inspired by all these lovely Halloween cake recipes and had to hop on the train and join everyone! For me Autumn and Halloween consists on one main thing and that is pumpkins. Zoella has recently made these pumpkin spiced cupcakes but I have also seen a few other variations with the recipe so I decided that I would take a bit from each recipe I saw and make my own :D

Pumpkin Spiced Cupcakes

Ingredients:
1 + 3/4 cups Plain Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon Cloves
2/3 cups Brown Sugar
2 Eggs
200g Pumpkin Puree
1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
1/3 cup Milk
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract/Flavouring

1) Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F, gas mark 4), Line your cupcake tray with cupcake cases ready for your mixture.

2) In a large mixing bowl, add your flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Mix until combined. In another bowl, mix together your brown sugar and eggs. Then add your pumpkin puree, vegetable oil, milk and vanilla, mix until combined.

3) Add your wet mixture into your dry mixture and mix until combined.

4) Separate the mixture into the cupcake cases, try to fill them so they are two thirds full. Place in the oven for 20 minutes to bake. When you place a skewer or tooth pick in them it should come out clear which means they are ready!!


Cinnamon Cream Cheese Icing

Ingredients:

200g Soft Cheese
1/4 cup Softened Butter
3 cups Icing Sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract/Flavouring
1 teaspoon Cinnamon

1) In a large bowl, mix together the soft cheese and the butter.

2) Mix in the icing sugar a small bit at a time until combined, then add the cinnamon and vanilla and mix it all together.

3) Add the icing into a piping bag and decorate with icing to your desire.

(I decided to decorate mine with Halloween sprinkles!)



I cannot describe how amazing these taste! I have never used pumpkin before in any of my baking or cooking but would definately love to use it again. I had so much fun making these and think they are so cute. These would be the perfect treat for any Halloween party or even for the trick or treaters you get knocking on your door. They would even be fun to make on a weekend with your children or friends.


Thank you for taking your time to look at my blog and I really hope you enjoyed this post! <3

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs