Review: Catastrophe Cosmetic

Monday 10 August 2015


About a week ago I had a horrible allergic reaction to some face soap. I always take my make-up off and wash my face before I go to bed but this time I used a different face soap resulting in waking up the next day with a very red and puffy face...NOT ATTRACTIVE ONE BIT! So I slapped on some Aloe Vera Gel to cool my face down and put a teeny bit of make-up on before heading to work.
The next day I wake up and I am still red and puffy but this time my skin had become as dry as the desert! I felt more uncomfortable than the day before and after getting a prescription of 6 steroid tablets a day for the next three days, I decided to head down to Lush to see how they could rescue my skin!

I have always had a huge amount of faith in Lush as their products have always worked well on my skin but I had never used one of their masks before. Usually for me, face masks are great for the 20 minutes you use them and maybe for a couple of hours after but I always found that my skin would go back to its dreary, average self quite soon after. BUT...the catastrophe cosmetic was a different story.


Catastrophe cosmetic contains 12 ingredients, four of those are: blueberries which protect and soothe the skin, calamine powder which gently calms delicate skin, chamomile blue oil which also calms and soothes and Irish moss gel which softens the skin.

The mask was really nice to apply, it went on quite thick which meant that you knew you were covering every area easily. IT SMELLS AMAZING, you just want to eat the stuff! Its always much more pleasant when you use something that smells delightful. Some masks have a chemical kind of smell or the scent is too over powering to be pleasant but this mask is 100% spot on. 

Another thing I really liked about this mask is that you only need 5 to 10 minutes to use it. On those nights where I am really tired but know my skin needs its clean, I don't have to worry about sitting there for 15 to 20 minutes because my mask has to dry. I can whack this mask on, go make sure my house is locked up and all the lights are off, brush my teeth, set my morning alarm AND BOOM...mask can be washed off :D Its just so quick and simple.

The outcome of my skin after using this mask was unbelievable. My skin had gained moisture and was so soft. It had calmed down completely in just 10 minutes and I was so happy to have started to get my skin back into shape. I would say that catastrophe cosmetic is a miracle in a tub, I honestly can not fault the product. It smells amazing, its gentle enough for me to use every other day (trust me I definitely use it every other day <3 ), I would 100% recommend it to anyone! Whether you are having a bad skin day, want something to add to your regular skin care routine or just want to treat yourself to a bit of pampering...THIS IS YOUR PRODUCT!!!


Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs